Realistic Environment Team Project

In this project we (myself, Shaun Ellis, and Brian Harries) are creating a space in UDK that uses realistic assets and has some sort of visual narrative. We chose to do a drydock with a HUGE ship in it, populating the space with a bunch of construction items and equipment. I did an initial concept sketch of what I wanted to space to feel like:

We then made a list of all the assets we thought should populate the space, and began working. I was responsible for the ship itself, and a lot of filler props and decals. here are some of the assets I worked on:

I decided to focus on optimizing our texture space, so i made a few very repeatable re-usable textures. I stacked as many black and white textures into one 24-bit image, and used our material editor heavily in order to get as much variation from them:

I also created this wood texture which was used in these assets as well as a few others:


I utilized multiple UV layers on some in order to give those assets their own ambient occlusion:


here are the final images of our space:


This project has taught me a lot about the difficulties of working in an intimate team under pressure, but I am glad for the team mates I have. Great work ethics and attitudes combined with complimentary skills makes us a badass team!